The County Board of Supervisors today made the decision on how the County will distribute pending crisis rental aid funds allocated to the region by the point out.
The County will administer a one method, overseeing the distribution of an estimated $52.5 million in state funding and the $49 million in funding from the federal govt the County been given in January. These cash will guide San Diegans who have been economically impacted by COVID-19 in paying for housing costs.
The application will provide individuals who reside in the unincorporated places of the County, as well as San Diegans living in 16 towns inside of the location. The cities of San Diego and Chula Vista been given funding specifically from the federal and condition governments and will not be protected beneath the County’s method.
The emergency rental help plan is open to equally County people who have applied to preceding crisis rental aid systems, and those who have not gained rental support via the initiative. The County will before long open up the application period for the software and place inhabitants who want to understand a lot more about the initiative and how to use for COVID-19 rental guidance, can obtain more facts listed here.
Compact Organization Grants
The Board also voted to deliver extra stimulus resources to compact businesses that have suffered financial hardship thanks to the pandemic. The Board voted to allocate at least $30 million to the Smaller Business Stimulus Grant System when the federal and point out authorities correct money to the County in the coming weeks.
Today’s Board action enables County staff to get ready the upcoming round of the plan so grants can be distributed to competent candidates as soon as the money come in. Based on the timing of federal govt approval, the Board may possibly phone a specific conference to finalize the particulars of the subsequent spherical of the method as soon as the County gets the money.
The upcoming round will be open up to tiny companies and nonprofit entities with 20 or less employees. As with prior grants, Board places of work will determine remaining eligibility for businesses in their respective jurisdictions.
- San Diego County’s point out-calculated, modified scenario level is at this time 34.2 scenarios per 100,000 inhabitants and the location is in Purple Tier or Tier 1.
- The testing positivity share is 9.1%, putting the County in Tier 1 or the Purple Tier.
- The County’s overall health equity metric, which seems to be at the screening positivity for areas with the lowest nutritious situations, is 12.1% and it’s in the Purple Tier or Tier 1. This metric does not shift counties to more restrictive tiers, but is required to progress to a fewer restrictive tier.
- The California Department of General public Health and fitness assesses counties on a weekly basis. The following report is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16.
Neighborhood Placing Outbreaks:
- Six community outbreaks had been verified Feb. 8: a few in company options, 1 in a daycare/preschool/childcare environment, a single in a food stuff/beverage processing location and a person in a govt location.
- In the previous 7 times (Feb. 2 through Feb 8), 72 local community outbreaks had been confirmed.
- The selection of community outbreaks remains previously mentioned the bring about of seven or more in 7 days.
- A group setting outbreak is described as 3 or additional COVID-19 situations in a placing and in persons of unique households in excess of the previous 14 days.
- 12,370 assessments were being claimed to the County on Feb. 8, and the proportion of new beneficial situations was 6%.
- The 14-day rolling average percentage of beneficial circumstances is 6.8%. Goal is considerably less than 8.%.
- The 7-working day, each day regular of exams is 18,820.
- Persons at better hazard for COVID-19 who are with or with out symptoms really should be examined. People with any signs and symptoms must get tested. Well being treatment and necessary employees must also get a take a look at, as nicely as men and women who have had close make contact with to a positive circumstance or stay in communities that are being remarkably impacted. These not long ago returned from vacation are also urged to get tested.
Circumstances, Hospitalizations and ICU Admissions:
- 789 conditions were noted to the County on Feb. 8. The region’s whole is now 248,051.
- 10,868 or 4.4% of all circumstances have needed hospitalization.
- 1,520 or .6% of all situations and 14.% of hospitalized conditions had to be admitted to an intensive care device.
- Thirty-two COVID-19 deaths have been described Feb. 8. The region’s complete is 2,853.
- Fifteen girls and 17 males died between Jan. 4 and Feb. 7.
- Of the 32 new fatalities documented that day, 13 folks who handed away were 80 several years or more mature, three people today had been in their 70s, 10 folks were being in their 60s, four people were being in their 50s and two people today were in their 40s.
- 20-seven experienced fundamental health-related ailments, 4 did not and just one experienced medical historical past pending.
Far more Information:
The more comprehensive data summaries uncovered on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com website are updated about 5 p.m. daily.