ATLANTA/MACON – Mercer University’s Stetson-Hatcher College of Company awarded a whole of $2,500 in prize funds for 5 distinctive enterprise thoughts presented through its Elevator Pitch Competitors held Feb. 26 by using Zoom.
The opposition, open up to all pupils on all Mercer campuses, provided 23 people today or groups who each introduced a two-moment pitch.
“I am pretty proud of our scholar opponents as they presented impressive tips in a expert way,” claimed Dr. Briana Stenard, assistant professor of administration and entrepreneurship. “It was a great levels of competition, and it was even tough for the judges to pick winners for the reason that of the large caliber of pitches this yr.”
Judges selected 4 recipients of the Judges Preference award, including:
- Taiyah Lockett, a sophomore laptop or computer science major in Macon, and Johan Breglen, a sophomore mechanical engineering big in Macon, who pitched a enterprise that sells diapers/instruction trousers that detect UTIs and other wellness hazards for babies and people with particular demands
- Gregory Roper, an evening MBA college student in Atlanta, who pitched ChoVidz, a consulting business that will work with church buildings, colleges and other individuals to help develop virtual new music media material as an different to in-human being performances for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond
- Jun Ming Li, a full-time MBA pupil in Atlanta, who pitched the Who’s up? cell application, which retains monitor of the organization several hours and eating alternatives of places to eat by cutting out the intermediary making it possible for equally owners and the customers to additional effortlessly keep in touch
- Trenton Williams, a senior electrical engineering significant in Macon, and Spencer Lowe, a senior environmental engineering big in Macon, who pitched a transportable renewable electricity resource with far better efficiency and larger ability than similar items on the present-day market place.
On top of that, judges picked 1 receiver of the Greatest Nonprofit Pitch award:
- Tyrone Harrison, a senior BBA pupil in Atlanta, who pitched a nonprofit concentrated on economical literacy, credit score, small business and entrepreneurship for prisoners, youth and churches.
About the College of Enterprise
Proven in 1984, Mercer’s University of Company is named for Eugene W. Stetson, a 1901 Mercer graduate and small business pioneer who leveraged the first significant buyout in corporate record, and his grandson Robert F. (Bob) Hatcher, a Macon businessman, longtime supporter, trustee and former board chair for the College. About the earlier 80 years, Mercer has granted above 12,000 organization degrees, and many of its graduates keep senior management positions in corporations close to the planet. Mercer’s business university delivers job-focused company education and learning in purchase to produce modern leaders who are liable world-wide citizens. It retains accreditation from the prestigious Affiliation to Advance Collegiate Faculties of Business enterprise (AACSB), which spots it among the leading 5 p.c of all major enterprise educational facilities all over the world. Mercer’s organization faculty has been regarded by the Princeton Assessment for “Greatest Possibility for Minority Students” and “Greatest Chance for Women” as effectively as becoming a single of its “Best Small business Colleges.” In addition, it has been regarded between the “Top 15 Educational institutions in the Country for Advertising and Accounting.” The College gives the adhering to courses: Atlanta (Evening and On-line BBA, Whole-Time (Working day) MBA, Evening MBA, Online MBA, Grasp of Accountancy, M.S. in Small business Analytics), Macon (Traditional BBA, Evening MBA, Well being Treatment MBA, and Innovation MBA), Henry County (Evening BBA). For far more details, visit enterprise.mercer.edu.