Jan 20 (Reuters) – Sri Lankan shares ended just about 1% bigger on Wednesday, boosted by financial and industrial shares.
* The benchmark stock index ended up .97% at 7,884.45. The index has now notched 15 sessions of gains out of 16 sessions.
* Investing quantity on the CSE All Share Index fell to 287.96 million from 690.06 million in the prior session.
* Holding business Hayleys Plc and financial commitment enterprise Vallibel Just one Plc ended up the major boosts to the index, getting 14.5% and 10.1%, respectively.
* Overseas traders ended up web sellers, offloading 774.2 million rupees ($3.97 million) value of shares, in accordance to trade info.
* India’s overseas ministry on Tuesday said COVID-19 vaccine shipments to Sri Lanka had been awaiting regulatory clearances. The island nation has recorded 54,419 complete confirmed coronavirus circumstances and 273 fatalities, in accordance to authorities knowledge.
* The Sri Lankan rupee LKR=LK was previous quoted at 195 in opposition to the U.S. greenback as of 11:36 GMT, 1.56% weaker for the working day when compared to last session’s close of 192, according to Refinitiv facts.
* Fairness marketplace turnover was 9.37 billion rupees, exchange info confirmed.
* For a report on world marketplaces, simply click MKTS/GLOB
* For a report on major currencies, click on FRX/
($1 = 195.0000 Sri Lankan rupees)